Bonjour readers. A week ago I turned the big 2-0! I’m still in denial that I’m not a teenager anymore. This was actually one of the only birthday’s I woke up feeling older (the others being 16 & 18). In honor of turning of 20 I thought I’d share some wisdom and advice I wish I heard when I was younger.
- Hang out with your parents (and siblings). They are wise people and have lived a lot longer than you have. Give them a chance, I’m sure they will surprise you with what they have to say.
- Dress nice for yourself and no one else. Don’t try to impress boys or other girlfriends. Dress how you like, to make you happy!
- Enjoy your metabolism, because it won’t last forever. Haha I’m only 20, but I have to watch what I eat so much more than when I was 15 or 16.
- Get your license as soon as you can. I absolutely loved being able to drive and the freedom that came with it. I was able to work/make money, go out with my friends, run errands, give rides to those who couldn’t drive, etc.
- Work hard in school. Education is taken for granted sometimes, so take advantage of every opportunity.
- Find a hobby you like and stick with it. Whatever it may be, use the free time you have in your teen years to develop that talent.
I have so many more I would love to share, but these 6 were the first that came to mind. Also, I threw in some snapshots of my birthday dinner with the fam. We ate lots of good food, laughed, and ended the night with macarons and tea (the way you should end any birthday gathering). Enjoy.
Until next time,