It’s no secret that posts have been low recently, so here’s an update. I had surgery two weeks ago. It was tough, but sitting here at the computer now, blogging, makes everything a little better. I went through a lot; mentally, physically, and emotionally. All the photographs were taken with my trusty iPhone 4, I’ll be buying a new camera very soon (yay)! Here are a few things that got me through (and are getting me through) recovery after surgery (in no particular order):
1. Music –
These were a few of my favorite songs from the last two weeks (please don’t judge, lol, some were “pick me up” songs I needed)
- Washed out – Amor Fati – I was lying in bed and my sister was painting something (clearly – because she’s a hipster artist) and she played this. It was good bonding music, I listen to it everyday now.
- Taylor Swift – 22 – I played this so many times the first week home from the hospital. I’ll admit, I’ve expressed I wasn’t her fan at all in the past, but this song just puts me in such a good mood!
- Stevie Wonder – I just called to say I love you – The lord knows, I try my best not to be a gushy person and this song has no meaning behind it for me, but I just love Stevie Wonder and I absolutely love singing along (loudly) to this.
- Two Door Cinema Club – Handshake (Amtrac Remix) – I found this remix two weeks before surgery and I listened to it everyday. It’s a fun song.
- Bethel music – Come To Me Ft. Jenn Johnson – This has been my go to worship song, for when I wanna just sit in the Lord’s presence. My sister sent it to me the morning of my surgery. Loved it and listened to it a few times before I had to put my phone away.
- Glamour’s August Music Issue – Front cover: One Direction and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley – My best friend bought me this before surgery. lol. She knows the key to my heart. (no shame)
- J. Crew’s August 2013 Style Guide – Easily more enjoyable than fashion magazines themselves (sometimes). It’s amazing, I love them. But espeically this issue, it’s impeccable.
- Mocking Jay (3rd book of the Hunger Game trilogy) – I wrote a whole post about this..lol. You can read it here: http://cheriroohi.com/foureyes-may-the-odds-be-ever-in-your-favor/
- Unstoppable by Nick Vujicic – An amazing testiment of a man who through faith lived outed God’s will for him – disabilities and all. My brother bought this for me while I was in the hospital. It’s a good reminder that my problems are smaller than other peoples and I should rejoice for the blessings I have!
- (and of course) My bible (that pretty little pink thing) – Got me through a lot. Favorite verse as of now is – Romans 8:18 Yet what we suffer now is nothing compared to the glory he will reveal to us later & 1 Peter 5:10 Out of difficulties grow miracles.
5. My NEW Adjustable Tempur Pedic mattressThe biggest blessing throughout this entire journey is this bed. My sister, her husband, and my mommy all pitched in and bought me a new bed. I don’t know how I’d be with out it right now. I am beyond thankful.
6. SherlockThere are only 2 seasons outs, 6 episodes in total. I’m officially obsessed – call me a groupie, fangirl, stlaker – whatever. I can not wait for season 3, they are filming it now! There is no gore, which is a big plus for me and the mysteries are so wildly interesting, it’s just so clever.
7. Friends and Family
I am a sanguine (it’s a personality type, google it). I don’t like being alone and I talk all the time, so naturally I’ve spent a lot of time with my family and friend through recovery. It’s never anything special, just sitting joking around – just what I need. So thank you for all of you who have visited me and call to talk to me, it makes me feel so much better : )
Yup, thats what has been getting me through recovery. The process is so slow, but it’s happening! I will deffiently do a post of the first night I can physically get dressed, do my hair and makeup, and go out for dinner with my friends.